A combination of a freezing cold night, bonfire, brilliant music and some delicious heart-warming delicacies, now doesn’t that sound like absolutely the best kind of combination?
Wonderfully brilliant food with specific and warm ingredients makes sure that your body stays warm during the cold season.
Here are our pick of the top 5 healthy snacks that you can and should indulge in this season.
- Dry Fruit Chikki:
Full of healthy dry fruits like cashews, almonds and other dry fruits, this chikki is not only delicious to eat, but it is also wonderfully healthy and full of healthy fats in them. Thanks to the cashews and almonds that are naturally warming for the body and the gur or jaggery that is the sweetening agent here, you stay all warm and buzzing during the winters. The best dietician in Delhi too swears by this snack to satisfy the sweet d=
- Popcorn: A quintessential snack that is had even during the festivity of Lohri, popcorn also happens to be one of the most sought after snack that you can ever think of indulging in. The sheer variety that popcorn has to offer is absolutely brilliant. Be it salted, butter or caramel, we sure cannot say no to this amazing snacking need!
- Mixed Nuts: Could anything really be healthier than mixed nuts during the winter time? We think not! Mixed, salted nuts that have almonds, cashews, peanuts and walnuts in them, during the cold winter chill, not only provide some well needed warmth to the body, but they also happen to be chockfull of nutrients and minerals.
Quick, Sugar free Date, Nuts and Coconut Laddoo:
- 10-15 pieces deseeded dates
- 20-25 grm’s of mixed nuts (can include cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachio
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- Warm the dates in the microwave so that you are able to crush them
- Coarsely chop the nuts and mix with the crushed dates.
- Mix thoroughly and form them into small balls
- Spread the desiccated coconut onto a flat plate and roll the balls onto it till the laddoo is covered in the coconut.
- Serve or refrigerate
The recipe is extremely simple to follow and the results might just end up wowing you! The laddoo is absolutely delicious and super healthy, and makes for that perfect indulgence for your sweet tooth without the added guilt.