Holiday accommodation is expensive. If you wait and save for it, you will take forever before you see the places on your bucket list.
Holiday accommodation is expensive. If you wait and save for it, you will take forever before you see the places on your bucket list. The most inexpensive option is to rent a motorhome and hit the road. It will give you an opportunity to experience camping life, meet new people and breathe fresh air. Motorhome rental companies in Picton have different sizes of motorhomes for hire.
What is the difference between motorhome and campervan?
Motorhome is a type of recreational vehicle that has features of a typical home like kitchen, bedroom and toilet. It is a home on wheels. Motorhome and campervan are classified under recreational vehicles. They both have home facilities but a motorhome is bigger that a campervan. A motorhome is specifically designed to be a recreational vehicle while a campervan is a converted van. They both can be certified self-contained or not self-contained.
Reasons to Rent Motorhome
• Motorhome gives you the flexibility to change your mind. Travel wherever you want whenever you wish. Most campers change travel plans after hearing about more interesting places to visit from fellow campers. You can sleep during the day and drive at night or vice versa.
• Motorhome is accommodation on wheels. It saves you the expensive costs of paying hotels. The money saved can be used for other important stuff.
• Home like facilities that come with motorhome are better than most bed and breakfast hotels. You can cook your own meals and avoid additional cost of eating out.
• It is an opportunity to connect with nature, play on open fields, see sunsets and sunrises, and watch the moon. Something we miss with the bright lights of city life.
• You meet friendly people with interesting stories to share at campsites. In hotels nobody has time or interest to say hello to the people next door, fellow campers are like long-lost relatives everywhere they meet.
• Unlike when you own the motorhome, you don’t worry about car insurance, storage, maintenance, repairs, and repayments when you rent.
Features of self-contained Motorhome
It is advisable to choose a self-contained when renting a motorhome. It is more convenient especially when travelling with small children. Self-contained motorhome stores fresh and waste water enabling you to use the toilet/shower and sink. There are no restrictions to parking in camping sites. You are allowed to use all freedom camping sites. The following are the features of certified self-contained motorhome:
• Fresh water tank
• Evacuation hose
• Rubbish with a lid
• Waste water tank
The motorhome still needs to be certified by New Zealand Standard for Self Contained of Motor Caravan and Caravans (NZS 5465:2001) The rentals company must be able to say for sure if their motorhomes are certified self-contained or not
Rent a motorhome and finally take that trip, meet interesting people and make everlasting friendships. Motorhome Rentals Picton offer both self-contained and non-self-contained motorhomes. Visit camperco.co.nz to find out what type of motorhome is suitable for the trip you are planning to take.
CamperCo is a Picton Motorhome Hire services play an important role. Motorhome are considered to provide you the luxury of your home, but on wheels. You can find out more details about Campervan Picton.