Though they are small pests the damage they incur on your property is huge and apocalyptic. According to a careful report, termites cause damage of around $5 billion each year alone in the USA
Though they are small pests the damage they incur on your property is huge and apocalyptic. According to a careful report, termites cause damage of around $5 billion each year alone in the USA. If you don’t notice their presence at early stages, financial loss would be immense. They don’t just trigger cosmetic damage but eat into the very structure of the home. That means they eat support beams, ceilings, furniture, floors joists, posts, wall studs and other wooden stuff. They have special enzymes, protozoa, and bacteria in their guts that allow them to digest cellulose found in your home wood. The worst thing you can confront in termites infestation is that is not even noticeable in the very first years because they work secretly and disguisedly without catching your attention. The moment you get to know about their presence, the damage would be irrevocable and gigantic.
Here are some signs of termites in your abodes . . .
- The first thing you would probably find is the wood damage because termites are eating your wood. When you tap that part of the wood, it will be hollow and a clear sign of termites’ presence. You need take adequate measures afterward. For instance, calling termites control NJ would be a laudable step.
- You’re going to find piles of coarse grains of sand and mud tubes along your walls, baseboards, cupboards, and even around the cracks, you have in your home.
- If you find cracks in your interior walls, floors, ceilings, and walls; you should have to be sure about the presence of termites.
- Similarly, if you find that your doors and windows are sticking upon opening that means termites are present in that wood.
- Last but not least, termites wings, bubbling wallpapers, crumbling wood, puffed up wood and visible mazes are signs of termites,
To drum out termites, you have to dump the rotten wood you have in your abodes. Apart from that, these are some methods to get rid of them . . .
- There are innumerable DIY methods and one of them is solving this issue with low temperature. The low temperature of 20 degrees Fahrenheit will do the wonders.
- Addition to this, flooding in the infested area can help you out. For example, if you find mud tubes in your garden, you can flood that area.
- One other natural thing to get rid of termites is the sunlight. You keep the windows open during the daytime and let the light kill those pesky critters.
- Salt is another natural way to kill the dreadful termites. All you need is, fill a jar with an equal part of salt and warm water. Next, fill the water in affected areas and see the wonders.
All things aside, you can’t just risk the significance of your property by applying some naïve methods on your own. Call a professional help and get your house cleaned by them.