The term “Big Data” is trending. There’s hardly a meeting of top business executives that doesn’t mention the term at least once.
Considering the impact data analysis has on a business’ success, it is only natural that Big Data is capturing the imagination of CEOs the world over. However, from the ocean of options available, selecting the right kind of big data implementation for your organization can be difficult.
Fortunately, you’ve got us to help around. Before you pick a big data solution for your company, try to keep the following in mind. These pointers should help you decided exactly the kind of solution you need and maybe also assist you in picking a great big data services provider.
- If you’re skeptical about whether you need a Big Data solution, get this straight – you absolutely do! Irrespective of what your business is about, the global economy you wish to survive in is exceedingly customer, quality, and time sensitive. To be a competitor, you need to be big data driven.
- Try to answer the following question:
“What is the business outcome you are looking for? What data will be needed to feed that and what tech will be needed to find it?”
- Conduct the best / worst case assessments of a solution's potential impact on your business.
- Before setting out to look for a Big Data Company, talk to your existing vendor-partners first to see the extent to which they can help.
- At the start, stick to small projects, preferably ones where you can reasonably guess the outcome.
- Break problems down. Understand the process of data analysis than trying to put the perfect product technology stack in place.
- Keep in mind that regardless of the technologies you bring in, a significant amount of engineering work will be required to get the new system to integrate well with your existing infrastructure.
- In the case of Big Data Solutions, on the Cloud is better (in fact, it is mandatory). It is easier to migrate, you don’t need your own hardware, more reasonable, and you don’t need to obtain software licenses.
- Go for a solution that is scalable and can deliver acceptable levels of performance even with rapidly increasing data volumes.
- Don’t forget about Security. Ensure that the solution you invest in covers security from end to end, ensuring that data is being protected during ingest, analysis, and when served via online applications.
In addition to the above tips, it is important to acknowledge that your business needs will be different from that of others. Thus, having your solutions customized would be ideal.
Looking for a reliable Big Data services provider? Contact Paragyte for specialized consulting and services. Visit https://www.paragyte.com/services/digital-transformation/big-data for details.